A few articles I've enjoyed in recent weeks:
- I've been waiting years for this, but the Jewish summer camp sport Gaga has finally broken through in the mainstream! The New York Times has more. I think I need to find an adult Gaga league to join.
- The Classical looks at John Rocker's latest career nadir, as a World Net Daily columnist.
- Drew Magary's been on a roll lately at Deadspin/Gawker, I especially liked his shot at Matt Millen the day of the Freeh Report.
- Fortune had a must-read piece about how most of what is known about the Fast and Furious scandal is wrong.
- Sally Jenkins, the last journalist to interview Joe Paterno, absolutely eviscerated him for lying to her in a column the day after the release of the Freeh Report.
- Alex Pareene, who's just been killing it lately over at Salon, gives an overview of the the Brett Kimberlin vs. right-wing bloggers melee.
- The area blocks from my office was home to David Lynch in the '70s, inspired him to make "Eraserhead," and is even known as "The Eraserhood," Philadelphia Weekly wrote.
- Balloon Juice is right: this election is the ugliest election ever, because all of them are.